This is based on an old recipe from a box of Nilla Wafers. The original recipe uses Nilla Wafers and Jello Instant Pudding, neither of which works for most of my family. In this easy variation, I use Enjoy Life soft-baked gingerbread spice cookies (nut- and gluten-free, available at Whole Foods) and Trader Joe’s instant pudding (soy-free and vegetarian). In about 20 minutes, you can put together one of the most popular desserts I’ve made in a while!
[GF] This recipe is gluten-free.
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 boxes Trader Joe’s instant vanilla pudding
- 1 box (12 cookies) Enjoy Life soft-baked gingerbread spice gluten-free cookies
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium serving bowl
- Wire whisk
- Waxed paper & rolling pin (optional)
- Pour milk into large mixing bowl. Stir in instant pudding powder. Beat with wire whisk for a couple minutes until dissolved. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Mush the cookies fairly flat, either between waxed paper with a rolling pin or just with your hands.
- Arrange the dessert in layers — half the cookies, half the banana slices, half the pudding, and repeat.
Adapted from “Easy Souther Banana Pudding” on KraftFoods.com.