- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, including juice
- 1 cup raisins
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- Food processor is very helpful but not required
- Muffin pan (recipe makes 12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine banana, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, oil, and pineapple in a medium mixing bowl. Blend with mixer until very smooth. (It’s okay if it gets frothy.)
- Add raisins to wet mixture and stir in by hand.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir by hand until evenly mixed.
- Add carrots and oats. Stir by hand until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans. Makes 12-18 muffins depending on size.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
Inspired by TLB117’s recipe for a healthier version of the carrot-raisin bread served at Mimi’s Cafe.